Monday, December 21, 2015

Hanging in there...

There have been a lot of small changes over the last several months and most of them are fantastic. A new printer (the old one stopped printing the colors properly, but it was also nearly 10 years old), new friends, a new son-in-law, a new daughter-in-law (not legalized), more focus, more silver hair (and a little purple, too), more organization, and a better grasp of where I'm heading.

On this Solstice Eve, I can't help but think about where I've been for each of the last few years. Last year I opened The Raven's Cauldron, the year before that I was still recovering from pneumonia while deciding what to do about a heartbreak. The year before that I was ignoring a sinking feeling in my stomach when I caught someone in a lie. And now, I am the mother of two adult children, working on my own dreams and goals without someone telling me "someday" or "we're almost there" or any other such nonsense. And, even though my life isn't where I'd like it to be just yet, I am happier than I've been in a very, very long time. And that is what is important.

As you go about your day, I hope you find reasons to smile, to laugh, to love.

Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. You deserve every bit of happiness you have. It's hard won, which makes it even sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have learned a lot of lessons over the last couple years and one of the simplest was to let go of the things that hurt the most and to cherish the ones that bring joy to my life.

      Delete