Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Plot twists

I haven't felt like writing much lately. Not for any particular reason other than things have been so busy and I've not had a lot of time for the blog. This is actually a good thing since there are so many changes and new developments going on around here.

I may have found a new place to live! I'll be driving out there this weekend to take a look around and see how the neighborhood "feels" to me, but after talking to the owner, I'm pretty sure it will be a good fit. One really interesting aspect of this move is that it is the first one that I will have where it's just me. I still have a lot of packing and sorting to do, but I know that I'll get it all finished before long. After all, the more I get rid of now, the easier it will be to move into the motor home later on.

I'm also just about caught up with everything that was falling behind since moving down here and that makes me happier than I can say. I'm planning a crowd-funding event soon and really wanted my bills and such to be up to date before I launched it. If you're interested, I will be posting updates on ASC's Facebook and Ravelry pages, Morrigan's Nest Facebook and blog, and The Raven's Cauldron Facebook and blog. Whew! That's a lot of places! But I'd really like to share the news. After all, there are going to be a lot of cool perks for each level of donation. For example, exclusive colorways and club memberships for the yarn lovers, hand-crafted crystal grids and Reiki sessions, and so many more goodies. I'm still working out the details about everything, but I think there will be a little something for everyone.

There are changes to Brianna's plans, too. One big change is that she is choosing not to join the Marine Corps. I know that some people might think that I'm disappointed about this, but I'm actually relieved. Not because I don't think that she can handle being a Marine or going through the training, but because it is still primarily a man's realm and... well, there are some negative facets to being a female in that branch that are not always brought into the light. Brianna still is planning to become a welder and I know that's also primarily a man's trade, but she will be great at it. In the meantime, she is planning to take a trip up north and will be staying with a friend until she finds a place of her own.

My health is continuing to hold steady, even in the face of all the upheaval and stress. My blood sugar is steady, lungs are clear, and my heart is still not progressing into an area that requires medical attention. All of this adds up to being able to start more activities again and I'm looking forward to daily walks again.


No comments:

Post a Comment