Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Excitement and weariness

I've been looking for a new place to live now that the time is getting closer and closer to Brianna leaving. Since I don't have to worry about the school district, I have more options. She has a new ship date in May, so there is a little bit of breathing room now. She has plans to go see some friends in Sandusky and I'm sure that will be fun for her. She has to be back for the pool functions (training for the poolees) but we've pretty much got that all figured out. In the meantime, I'm thinking more and more about how things will be when she heads out.

For the most part, I don't think there will be a lot of change, simply because I am still working on my goals and I'm not going to steer away from that. Also, I like this quiet life of mine. Even when I do get onto the road, I doubt that will change. I do think that I'll get more sleep, though. It's not that Brianna keeps me awake, exactly, but I do enjoy spending time with her and that makes it a little harder to get to bed on time sometimes.

Most of the city is iced in this morning. I'll admit that I was a little concerned on the drive in this morning, but I put a tarp over the car last night and didn't have to clear the windshield. When I pulled the tarp off, the ice made such a joyous sound! Granted, it was blended with the sound of the tarp, but it brought a smile to my morning.

The tiredness is seeping back in lately and I'm sure it's just because my schedule is so hectic right now. As soon as things settle back to "normal" I'll feel a lot better.

I have several other things to take care this morning, but I truly hope you're all safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment