Monday, February 23, 2015

Another Chapter Closed

Last week was a whirlwind of events that has left me physically drained, but mostly happy. Brianna's senior project presentation was scheduled for Monday, but the teacher decided to postpone it again (this made the fourth time) for Wednesday. Due to weather, the classes were canceled for Wednesday, but no one told us until I called to verify that everything was set for the presentation. Now, keep in mind that the "storm" that was supposed to come in wasn't supposed to actually arrive until after 6 or so, but they were canceling everything anyway. I argued that the presentation was the last thing Brianna had to do and that she had already been pushed back several times and that they had no right to keep doing this to her. The woman on the phone was very apologetic and told me that she would see what could be done. She called back an hour later to tell me that she was gathering some people to judge the presentation and that, if we could be at the school at 3:30, Brianna could present. She did great and is now officially (and finally) done with high school.

I am now working a 4-day week (I asked for it) so that I can focus on my shops and my future. I'll still have enough hours to cover the bills, but this will give me the chance to make more items for The Raven's Cauldron as well as dye more yarn for Alina Shea Creations. Since this insane schedule over the last several weeks, both shops have gotten little attention from me and I miss them both. I know that seems a little silly since they aren't brick & mortar shops, but I miss coming up with new colorways and such.

I am still clearing the house of items that I no longer use or need and it's a little harder going through the stuff in my closet. Some of those boxes contain items from my childhood and they aren't easy to let go of. At the same time, I have to ask myself what I really need with a Barbie from 1983. Or a diary from 1977 that has only a few pages with writings about my day. Even so, I know that there will be some things that I keep. After all, I do plan to have a house one day. It may be another 5-10 years down the road, but it will happen.

I do keep an eye on the listings for RVs on craigslist and other places and there are a few that initerest me. Each one looks like something I could modify fairly easily and make it more of my own home. I know that I'll have a lot of work to do once I finally make the purchase, but I look forward to that, too.

In the meantime, I hope you all are having a good week and that the weather isn't too harsh where you are.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment