Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Planning and planning

Some of the thoughts running through my mind lately seem to be in the future. I know that we're supposed to live in the moment and that doing otherwise will bring us heartache, but... there are so many plans to make and so many things that I need to take care of before it's time to move on. Between sorting through all of my stuff and figuring out what will come with me and planning for any contingency I can think of, there isn't much mental rest for me. I know that I need to set aside time and just relax for a while. My health depends on it. The last several days I've had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning and my meditations are more like dozing than actual meditations. My hope is that I can get a bit of rest next weekend after I've had time to deal with the opening of the new shop and a few things around the house. I have been getting to bed earlier... mostly.

And, in the middle of all of that, I am still cherishing my phone calls with Anthony, my time with Brianna, and the bots of time I spend alone. These are my "living in the moment" times and they are pretty important to me.

Brianna has a new recruiter now. I'm not sure what happened at the office, but she now will be answering to Sgt. Jones. He's a pretty straightforward kind of guy and I like him. SSgt Hope is still keeping a close eye on how things are progressing with the medical waiver and everything else needed to progress from here.As the days pass, I can't help but think about how swiftly everything is happening, even though it's taken so long to reach this point.

I started a "yard sale" of sorts yesterday and have sold off several of my books (I kept the Harry Potter series and Inheritance, too, along with several of my reference books). Over the next few days I'm hoping to get some of my art pieces and other household items listed. It feels a little strange to see my bookshelf so empty right now. I plan to do some minor repairs on it (it is probably over 15 years old) and set it back up in my room with the books at the bottom and some plastic bins on the other shelves. The plan is to add a ribbon/strap to each shelf so that the bins will be held in place on the road. That is assuming, of course, that I take the shelf with me.

Tomorrow is Anthony's 23rd birthday. I don't know how that happened already and I can't help but to wish I could be there and give him a hug. Instead I'll call and we'll talk a while. Eventually, I hope to visit with both of the kids while I'm on the road. I don't know for certain how I'll plan out that route, but it will be fun to try.

In the meantime, I truly hope that you all have a wonderful day and that your holidays, no matter what/if you celebrate, are filled with wonder and delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment