Friday, December 05, 2014

Old-Fashioned Manners

 I did something a couple weeks ago that helped me to clear out the space in my room. Space that I needed to transform into emptiness. With the items that I cleared out, I thought about the person who would be receiving them and what he might make from them. It was my sincere hope that these items (yarn) would bring a smile to his life.

I found out several days later that they did, indeed, bring a bright spot to his day.
Then, a couple days later, I got this cute little card in the mail from an address that I didn't recognize and inside was this lovely, hand-scripted thank you note. The handwriting was elegant and decorative and my breath stopped for a moment with the beauty of it.

So many years ago it was a normal thing to get a thank you card or note and the penmanship was usually very nice. Now, that's becoming a thing of the past, but it is still out there in little pockets.

It does make me a little sad that those days are long gone, but the joy I felt at getting this note really went a long way to making my week a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment