Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Novels and night times

I started my story over again. I had debated with myself about whether to try a different one or just totally restart the old one, I've decided to start the old one again since the amount of research needed for the new one is not something I'm ready to tackle at this moment. It's interesting to see the difference in the writing style from last year to now . Last year I was in the middle of trying to keep my life from falling apart and the words I wrote then have a forced cheerfulness to them. I had hoped that editing the novel would make it a little less... strained... but after looking it over, I decided that it needed a new start.

So, new year, new novel (same story), and a new title. While I am still the Hippie's Daughter, it's not all of who I am. The story isn't focused on my mother, but it does include the way that she influenced so much of my life. On the Wind has begun! I have a lot to catch up since I didn't start until yesterday , but I think I can do it this time. After all, I'm not under nearly as much stress or strain as a year ago.


For those of you who don't know; I had bacterial pneumonia a year ago. It was pretty bad and was compounded with my heart issue (mitral valve is a little wonky), the stress of not finding a job, and the feeling that my relationship was falling to pieces. But this year? I have a job that pays the rent, I'm about to open a new shop, the current shop is doing well, and I'm happily single. 

In other news, I am now the proud owner of Morrigan's Nest and The Raven's Cauldron (not yet built, but the domain is mine). The Nest is for the preparations for getting myself onto the road while The Cauldron will be updates and such for the new shop. Great things are coming up! Granted, the motor home won't be for a couple years, but I'm really looking forward to meeting with people.

We had snow over the weekend and it was beautiful. Brianna's hibiscus "tree" still had blooms on it and I was able to get a picture of one with snow. Now that the flowers in the same pot have pretty much died off from the cold, I will be able to bring it indoors for the winter. I think it will be nice to transplant the other plants I have into the same pot so that they take up far less room and, if it goes well, I'll be able to bring the whole thing with me when I head out. In the meantime, I'm happy for the cooler weather since it means that I get to wear more of my hand-knits.

Our neighbor knocked on the door last night to let us know that the "neighborhood bear" was making his rounds through the yards. I was pretty excited about it and grabbed a sweatshirt to stand out there in the hopes of a glimpse. Sadly, he didn't come back, but it was nice standing out there and chatting with the neighbor anyway. The moon was bright enough to light everything up and it reminded me of other times when I stood outside with only its light to see by. For the first time in a while, I wasn't saddened by those thoughts. Instead, I was happy for the moment, for the possible bear sighting, for the peace I felt.

I hope you all are having a wonder-filled day!


No comments:

Post a Comment