Monday, November 10, 2014

Meditations and embroidery

As the sun rose this morning and I finished getting ready for work I looked over at the comforter draped over the ironing board. The thought crossed my mind that it will soon be filled with more decorative embroidery and I'll have a very unique bedspread. That led me to think about the lack of decorations in my life over the last several years.

Many years ago I added some sort of adornment to all I had. Radio, mirrors, picture frames, washing machine... and I painted my clothing, added embellishments to the plants and the kids clothes, tie-dyed almost anything I could fit into the sink. There was color and uniqueness in all that I had. Over the years, as I tried to "tone it down" and be less "garish", I stopped doing these things. Now, understand that I don't blame the person who said those things, but with every harsh word and every raised eyebrow at my flamboyance, I felt a little more diminished. Now, of course, I think that I should have fought back more. But that's not quite it, either. After all, that person wasn't specifically asking that I change, I only felt that they disapproved of what I did.

Now that part of my life is behind me and I can look toward the future. Each day we are given the opportunity to be who we want to be. Me? I want to have decorated things. I want my clothing to be a little more flamboyant than they have been. I want to paint the world with my own creations and the creations of others. And so, I will keep decorating the things that I have.

A good friend of mine was helping me with this design. You see, I wanted to show the Chakra colors, but I wanted more than just the usual emblems. While I was meditating the other day, several creatures came to mind along with their symbolic connection to the Chakras. This is what resulted from the meditation, talking with my friend, and some research:


Raven: messenger of the spirit world, magick, shape-shifting, creation, mysticism, change in consciousness
Crown Chakra: higher intuition, channeling, and the connection with Divine Consciousness

Owl: wisdom, intuition, see beyond the veil of deception, hidden potential, seeing beyond masks Third Eye Chakra: ability to see the unseen, hear what is not being said, the place of intuition, knowing, and dreaming.

Wolf: sharp intelligence, deep connection with instincts, true expression of yourself, sharing of greater truths
Throat Chakra: ability to communicate and express ourselves, the way we express ourselves in the world

Deer: grace, gentleness, innocence, trust, love, compassion, serenity
Heart Chakra: where our true self resides, the love that we are, loving oneself, loving the world around us.

Cougar: leadership, power, intention, responsibility, coming into your power
Solar Plexus Chakra: personal power, self-confidence, mental clarity, and the ability to shine our light

Horse: sexual energy, driving force, appetite for life, vitality, balance of work and pleasure, birth and death
Sacral Chakra: reproduction and creativity, awareness of appetites, fertility, creation

Bear: strength confidence, grounding forces, healing, abundance
Root Chakra: grounding, strength, courage, stability, survival, abundance

I know that some of you might not feel these correlations are accurate, and I'd love to hear your take on it all. Others might look at this and just think that I've lost my mind.That's okay, sometimes I think I have, too.

I hope you all have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment