Friday, November 14, 2014

Colder mornings

What a beautiful morning! Yesterday, too. Both mornings I headed out to work and saw fog settling on the mountain. Even though it was pretty cold and the leaves are falling off the trees, I thought it was a wonderful way to start my day. This morning I headed out while the temperature was hovering around 22F and the car was still shivery. But I was wrapped well in my sweater & coat with a hand-knitted shawl tucked around me (this one was a gift from Kelsey Leib, a really cool artist). There was a soft grey haze over everything and I knew that I would find a delicate frost over everything if I got out of the car for a little bit.

I can't help but laugh at how I learned about layering my clothes, not as a child (because I didn't really live in cold places for most of it), but as an adult during my second winter in Ohio. It's one of those lessons that I'll probably use for the rest of my life, including when I'm on the road.

December 14, 2013
I have the house to myself this weekend and I'm looking forward to getting a lot done for the shops. A new shipment of yarn arrived late yesterday evening and I plan to get quite a bit of it dyed up with some really awesome colors running around my head as well as finish up another Krydda kit (you can check out the details on the KAL on Ravelry or Facebook) that didn't quite turn out the way I wanted. For The Raven's Cauldron, I'll be continuing some embroidery, a few more candles, and I've got a great idea for a Tarot wrap. I'm guessing that someone already created a pattern for it, so I'll look around first to see what I find. I will also be writing more in my story On The Wind. I haven't written much over the last few days and I'm looking forward to getting back to it. Also, I'm hoping to get another post written about my take on the Chakras and their animal correlations. If you're interested in the first one, take a look at The Raven's Cauldron blog.

And somewhere in the midst of all of that, I'm also hoping to watch a movie and relax while knitting. I do hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and are finding a lot of reasons to smile today.

No comments:

Post a Comment