Wednesday, November 19, 2014

10 Questions answered

I love reading my friend's blog be.love.love since I find her writing very inspirational. Well, I checked it out this morning and she posted 10 questions that she had read from her love's blog who had gotten 10 questions from her cousin's blog (this is starting to sound a little like the house that Jack built). I decided to continue the fun a little further and added some questions of my own at the end for you to answer and share.

I think this is a fun way for you to get to know me a little better and, I hope, to get to know you better, too.

1. What moment from your life always makes you smile when you remember it?
There are several moments that I can think of and most of them revolve around my children. As a child there were more pleasant memories during the time that we lived in Tennessee than just about any other time in my life. Running around the yard with Maggie, the kid that was born on Mother's Day and had to be bottle-fed in the house; rolling down the hill in the front yard with my siblings; watching the rain sheeting across the windows. As an adult, not counting the moments with my children, there were several, too: the morning I watched the morning break as I sat on a beach in Mexico; a quiet night in my first apartment when my children slept upstairs and I lay on the living room floor just listening to music; the moment my idea of traveling grew from just a spark in my heart and became a plan in my head.
2. What are three words to describe who you are (not what you do)?
Only three? Spiritual, intelligent, happy. There are a lot of other things, too, but the question only calls for three.
3. What movie or tv-series could you watch over + over?
Lord of the Rings. My family used to watch it each year, but there were times when I'd watch the trilogy alone at other times. I can't think of any TV show that really held my interest enough to watch again and again.
4. What song would be the soundtrack to your life?
Throughout most of my life there has been an overriding theme and I think that Carole King's "A Quiet Place to Live" pretty much sums it all up.
5. Who is the most memorable/interesting person that you have met in 2014, and why?
I haven't met very many people this year and most of the interesting people that I have met in Asheville were actually from last year when we first arrived or shortly afterward. I think I would have to say it was my neighbors. When I first arrived at the new address, this lovely young couple greeted me, welcomed me to the neighborhood and showed genuine interest in the things that I did, some of the knowledge I had, and pretty much made me feel very welcome. They have since moved, but I will always remember them fondly.
6. You’ve been given a month to travel! Where are you going to go?
I would head to Scotland and England, make a stop in Isle of Man, then end up in Ireland. For Scotland, I would like to wander around the country for a little bit. Not the cities, but the areas where few people visit. In England I would visit the Glastonbury Tor and a few other places. Isle of Man is where one of my friends lives and I would love to see her and her family. And last, Ireland. Here, too, I would like to visit the places few people visit.
7. What websites do you visit every day?
Ravelry, Facebook, Tso.co, some of the blogs I follow, and Weather Underground.
8. What is your nighttime routine?
After shutting off the computer I check the doors and windows (not as often in the winter since we don't open them) and make sure all the blinds are closed. I'll get a glass of water, set up the French Press and refill the water jug. Brushing my teeth comes next along with the usual bathroom stuff, then I hug Brianna good night, tell Aurora that it's time for bed (yes, this is necessary since she "loses" me if she doesn't see me leave the room), and I turn off the lights. Once I'm in my bed I will sit with my back against the wall and listen to a meditative track while I practice conscious breathing. I find that I tend to sleep more soundly when I do this. Once the track is finished, I sleep.
9. What is your favorite space in your home? Describe it!
My favorite space is my bedroom. Since I moved my desk to the living room, my room has become a sanctuary of sorts. The only electronics I have in there is my iPod since it has music on it, but I don't connect to the internet in there anymore. I have a water mister in the corner, potted plants by the window, several candles and crystals places around the room, and my bookshelf. I can look out the windows to the trees in the back and, during warm weather, I can sit there and listen to the birds singing to each other.
10. What are you longing for?
I am longing for the time when I am able to climb into my motor home and drive to the next town. And the next. I know that it will not be an easy thing running the business while living in such a small space. Nor will it be easy to stay on a very strict budget while doing so (coffee with knitting friends will be written into the budget!), and I think there will be times when I might find myself lonely. But over all, I think it will be a wonderful experience and I'm hoping to share it with everyone through my blog.
 And now my questions to you, if you should choose to do this. You can share your answers on any page you would like. Your blog, your Facebook or other social media I look forward to seeing what you post.

  1. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
  2. What foods really feed your soul?
  3. When did you feel most comfortable in your own skin?
  4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
  5. When did you last have a hearty laugh and what was it from?
  6. What is your favorite scent or fragrance and why?
  7. What is one of your greatest passions?
  8. What pets do you have?
  9. Describe your dream vacation.
  10. If you could step back into another time in history, when would it be and why?
Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing answers + fantastic questions!! Such a joy to read! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of fun to do.
      {{{hug}}}

      Delete