Sunday, September 07, 2014

Elements #12

Start believing that you're ready for the next step. You are ready! Think about it. You have everything you need right now to take the next small, realistic step forward. So embrace the opportunities that come your way, and accept the challenges - they're gifts that will help you to grow.
I know that there are so many things that I wanted to accomplish by this point in my life and that there are moments when I feel as if it's time to give up. Those moments were almost daily at the beginning of this year and they have slowly dwindled until they all but disappeared. However, for a little while, nothing filled in those empty spaces and I was left feeling hollow and empty.

Things have shifted, though. There are still enough dreams of mine that are live and powerful and filled with brilliance and passion. There are still things for me to do with my life that give me lots of hope for the future.

New growth on my rosebush.
So what is the next step? What is the direction I am supposed to take now? I know the answer to that and yet, I'm not ready to share it with the whole world just yet. But there are several small steps that need to be taken in the meantime. One of those steps is focusing on the new shop I'll be opening before the end of the year. I can't be certain when it will be ready, but I'm working out all the little details so that it opens without any major complications. Another step is working on revamping the yarn shop. I'm not sure which direction it is going, but there are several ideas that I am hoping to implement soon. As for myself, there are health steps that I am taking and I know that they will help me in the years to come. If surgery is necessary one day, I'll be stronger for it and will be better prepared for the recovery.

What about you? What step might you take on your journey? Is there a story you'd like to write? Perhaps that step is as simple as writing up some notes or an outline. Are you thinking about creating your family tree? Perhaps that step might be to start interviewing your family members. Whatever you are thinking about doing, it is worth it to break it down into small bits so that you can look behind you and see all the steps you have completed. You can do this. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment