Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Endings and beginnings

Throughout our lives there have been so many pages turned and new chapters started. Currently, my youngest child has entered her final year in high school. An end to her K-12 education, a beginning of her adult life. My oldest child has just hit the road to head west. An ending to this vacation, a beginning to his time in a place he feels at home. And through all of it, I try to smile at the changes even as I want to cry a little.

This past few weeks has been filled with huge changes for a lot of people. Children returning to school, others losing a family member (I didn't know her well, but she was always kind to me and my children and I am really sorry to know that she isn't sharing her smile with everyone anymore), decisions made about futures, and dreams being rebuilt. Life is tumultuous and chaotic and filled with wonder. Even during the darker times there is still beauty and joy. It might be harder to see, but it is there.

In my heart, even through the tears that are threatening to spill over, I truly hope you all have a very good day. I hope you all find peace when you stop a moment and breathe. I hope you all find a reason to smile, then a reason to pass that smile forward.

4 comments:

  1. It's a big time for you and your young people. You aren't alone sweetie. Be good to yourself today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mostly I'm getting through the workday with music and quiet. Anthony will be checking in throughout the trip and I'm looking forward to getting home and relaxing (after cleaning up the house a bit). ♥

      Delete
  2. Lots of new beginnings this year. My kiddo is now a freshman.....it is a bittersweet feeling to have her growing up. Big hugs to you my sweet friend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember a long time ago, thinking that I really needed to cherish each moment. I know there have been times when it was harder than others, but I hope I haven't missed all the best ones. The flowers held in dirty little hands, the moment when the fever broke and they finally fell into a restful sleep on your chest, the pang of knowing that they can now make their own decisions... all of them as precious as the next.

      Freshman year is HUGE! Give D an extra hug when she gets home. Just because. ♥

      Delete