Monday, August 04, 2014

Elements #11

Start giving your ideas and dreams a chance. In life, it's rarely about getting a chance, it's about taking a chance. You'll never be 100% sure it will work, but you can always be 100% sure that doing nothing won't work. Most of the time you just have to go for it! And no matter how it turns out, it always ends up just the way it should be. Either you succeed or you learn something. Win-win.

I think this one is a little hard for a lot of us. Day in and day out we go through the motions of trading time for money, trading money for living, and trading living for existing. Crazy, right? But sometimes we have an idea that might change all of that. Not that the idea will make a million dollars, but that it might actually make a difference. For example, these disaster kits. The idea is pretty straightforward, and it can help a lot of people in need of them (please check out their site and have a look around.) What ideas do you have? What dreams and goals do you have? Are you giving them a chance? You might be surprised at what happens along the way.

More than four years ago I had the crazy idea of dyeing my own yarn to get the colors I was looking for. A couple of people told me that it was a great idea and nudged me to try it out and sell them. I was about as afraid as a person could be, but they believed in me and I moved forward with it. Alina Shea Creations was born. And is still going. Last month I even launched the Superheroes & Villains yarn "club" and am really looking forward to playing with the colors for each character. Granted, ASC still has a lot of  room for improvement, but I gave it a chance and ended up meeting so many wonderful people because of it.

I've got to cut this short since I'm still in recovery mode (from lung issues) and need to get a few other things taken care of. I do hope you all find a way to give your ideas a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment