Monday, June 02, 2014

Elements #30

Start noticing how wealthy you are right now.  Henry David Thoreau once said, “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” Even when times are tough, it’s always important to keep things in perspective. You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night. You didn’t go to sleep outside. You had a choice of what clothes to wear this morning. You hardly broke a sweat today. You didn’t spend a minute in fear. You have access to clean drinking water. You have access to medical care. You have access to the Internet. You can read. Some might say you are incredibly wealthy, so remember to be grateful for all the things you do have.
I like this one a lot. I do think about the things that I have and I feel pretty blessed with it all. I'm mostly healthy and there is medical people who can fix the parts that might need repaired. We have food in the house that includes fresh veggies & such. Books, business equipment, movies, gadgets & gizmos aplenty.

I have enough. Perhaps that's why I don't feel a driving need to have more. Perhaps that's why I don't collect more things even when I can afford them. I am at peace with what I have. Yes, I long for a wee house of my own and I'd love to have hens again and a couple goats, but I don't need these things to make me happy.

This one is going to be short. Partly because I'm not feeling 100% today (it's quite possible that I have whatever Brianna is still battling with (her fever is lower today, but still too high for school) and my words are just not flowing. But even in the midst of feeling a bit icky, I am still grateful that I have my tea & stevia, cough drops, inhaler, and a job in a quiet office with a heater. Even with being sick, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment