Monday, June 30, 2014

Elements #20

Start listening to your inner voice. If it helps, discuss your ideas with those closest to you, but give yourself enough room to follow your own intuition. Be true to yourself. Say what you need to say. Do what you know in your heart is right.
Sometimes I read these and I can't help but to think, "Well, yeah, I knew that already." But I make myself stop and really think about it deeper. Sometimes the feelings that arise are a little surprising, other times they are precisely what one might think would come up.

Intuition is a funny thing, really. There have been times when I choose a different route or decide to go to a different store. There have been times when I pushed the intuition aside and got into serious trouble. One might argue that I'd have gotten into that trouble anyway, but I don't believe that. One example is a car accident I was in during the summer of 2000. I had a really strong feeling to take a different way back to the house, but was just wanting to get home so that I could relax. When I my car was hit... well, it wasn't pretty. Aside from the physical damage to my body, I was also really shaken up spiritually. And, like many people in a similar situation, I began to question what I was doing with my life. I made changes that led to better things.

Regardless of your take on intuition or that inner voice, a person really needs to be true to themselves. If you are the kind of person who listens to that tiny voice, then do so without explaining yourself to anyone who says that it's all malarkey. If you are the kind of person who doesn't believe in intuition, then hold to your beliefs without defending your position to one who wants to change you.

Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment