Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Moved, not yet settled... 2

We are officially out of the place on Arco. I don't recommend the small UHaul truck if you have anything heavier than a box of books. Lifting a washing machine, even a small one, is a crazy thing to do. The dryer wasn't so bad, though. Even so, the ramp would have helped a lot. Only the basics are unpacked, but that will come with time. There is a part of me that is proud of the fact that Brianna & I did all of it by ourselves. Sure, we have bruises & scrapes, but the two of us did it. Of course, this fact also saddens me deeply. Still, it is what it is, and we just have to move forward.

I have learned my limits, I think. Sunday's energy came solely from caffeine. I knew that it was an extremely unhealthy thing to do but we needed everything out by Monday and I had to go to work then. So, Brianna & I worked very steadily the whole day, stopping only for water, food, and more caffeine. When we looked through the place once more to make sure everything was the way it was supposed to be, I kept feeling that we'd forgotten something, but I think that was just because we'd worked so long. When we got home, we were both exhausted. I didn't realize how bad it was until the next day. I went to work Monday with the intention of working a normal day, but before 10:00 I knew that I'd not make it. I left at noon feeling disconnected and shaky. By the time I got home my muscles were trembling and I felt like I was floating. It was kind of interesting, but a little scary, too. I slept for almost five hours.

I did feel better when I woke and was able to replace the dryer cord so that it matched the outlet in the new place. I'm pretty proud of myself for that. Then I went back to bed after dinner. This morning? I was still tired, but not shaky so that's an improvement.

All in all, I still believe this will be a good move for us. The cats seem to be settled in and we will be getting something to keep them from falling through the screens (they are held in with spring-pins and I'm a bit nervous that one will fall out or something). Dad came up with the idea of the little picket "fences" that they have for gardens. I'll try to get those with the next paycheck. I like being able to have the windows open. I'll be able to put several plants outside and may even be able to get a tomato plant or two. Also, it's a lot more sound dampening here. I can barely hear Brianna when she's in her room and  we've had a few laughs over that.

I'm hoping to get the club yarns finished up this week (if I can find the skeins soon!) and will probably add a little something extra since the members are all so patient lately. Somewhere in the middle of it all, I'd dearly love to sit down and knit something.

And, for now, it's time to get a few more things done around here so that I can say that progress has been made. I hope you are all having a lovely week!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see some pictures to welcome all of us to your new abode!! Wish I was closer to help with the move <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll get a few pictures this weekend, I hope. <3

      Delete
  2. Loving your journey...take care of you and.

    ReplyDelete