Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Topsy turvy...

Dogwood blossoms
As some of you know, I'm being asked to leave my apartment. For those of you who don't know; my lease doesn't expire until August, I've been paying my rent, I'm a quiet tenant, and I'm taking good care of the property. The owners were offered some amount of money by the Kia dealership (right next door) and they sold the place. I was first told by the landlady that my lease would be honored by and recently was told by the landlord that Kia would be asking me to move by the end of May (a few weeks before school ends for Brianna).

I have an open case with Legal Aid here and am hoping something good comes of it.

There are so many other things going on in my life that also seem to want to drag me down. My loved ones are suffering through challenges of their own and it breaks my heart a little that I can't really help them. Cancer & chemotherapy, PTSD & counseling, kidney failure & dialysis, and the list goes on. I know that other families are going through so much more than these things and my heart goes out to them, too.

Even through this I am think about the good things. I am mostly healthy and have met a few nice people, Brianna is healthy and has found a few friends, the sun shines more often than not, and I'm learning about forgiveness & letting go. There is a peace in it. Even if you are unable to speak to the person (like my Mom, for example), letting go of the hurt and the anger lifts your spirits and lets you continue to move forward.

Have you ever heard of the 7 Laws of Yoga? I hadn't and will admit that I haven't done any research yet to see if they really are "laws" of yoga. Regardless, it's a nice way to start the day and to help a person stay focused. For today's message (The Law of Least Effort... which, quite frankly, sounds lazy, even though that's not the point) I have been thinking about how everything boils down to "stop struggling so much". I know that I still have so much to take care and many responsibilities that require my attention. But, I also know that stressing over most of them will change nothing.

On that note. I hope you all have a wonder-filled day (even as the weather shakes things up for most of us) and that you find reasons to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment