Thursday, April 17, 2014

Things to do...

So... I have loved reading Liz's blog (belovelive) over the last several months and have felt inspired by many of the things she has posted. One of the things she's been doing is randomly choosing one of the Rules of Living that are credited to the Dalai Lama (wrongfully, as it turns out, but no less filled with awesome) and blogging about them each week. Her words are insightful and resonate with something deep inside my own soul.

I wanted to do something similar, but nothing else really called out to me or sparked my creative flame enough for me to say, "Eureka!" until last night. I was tired, up way past my bedtime, and was still feeling stress over looking for a new place to live (more about that later). I checked into Facebook once more and responded to a friend's comments about homeschooling & Common Core then saw a link about 30 Things to Start Doing For Yourself. Normally, I don't click on these since they are usually common sense. This time I did and a soft note began to hum inside. They are still common sense items, but why should that make them any less inspirational? And so I will begin challenging myself each week to write about these things. I will decide later which day to publish them, but I've already decided that I will print them up, cut them, and choose them randomly each week. I do like how Liz has titled hers as "Wisdom Wednesday" and I might do something similar. Thoughtful Thursday or Monday Meanderings or some other alliteration. Interestingly enough, if I start this week, this project won't be done until the first week in November. That seems pretty far away right now, even though I know it will be here in the blink of an eye.

Elements. I will call them Elements. At least that part is figured out, right? I'll figure out the rest after work this afternoon.

Oh! I nearly forgot about the apartment hunting. Yuck. We looked at a couple places yesterday and have an appointment tomorrow as well. The way the prices are around here, we may end up in a one-bedroom to keep Brianna in the same school (she would have the bedroom, I'd sleep on the futon in the living room). It won't be ideal, but we're flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment