Thursday, April 03, 2014

Arrival of Spring

As I watch the flowers round here open and show their color, it occurs to me that spring will not be a bold burst of green that I had sort of gotten used to that during my time in Ohio. I say "sort of" because I don't think I could ever really get used to going to sleep to a drab and seemingly lifeless world and waking to one that has a haze of green in the early morning light that bursts to full green by afternoon. No matter the science behind it, there was a magic to it, too.

Here... it seems that the change is more gradual. The grass is already green everywhere I look and there are flowers blooming everywhere. Entire trees covered in white or pink blossoms, daffodils, forsythia, and lots of others. And the green? It seems to be just growing, not in sudden bursts, but in a slow and steady pace. Almost as if someone were using a dimmer switch instead of a regular flip.

Regardless, I relish in the open windows while I'm driving and at home. I can't help but smile at the sun catching the crystals and throwing rainbow on the walls. And, as usual, I  feel the morning has a good start when I get to listen to the birdsong all around me.

I hope that, however spring is coming to your part of the world, you get a chance to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment