Thursday, November 07, 2013

Recovery

The last week & a half have been a lot of lessons in patience, caring for myself, and taking things slow. Monday, October 28th, I went to the ER since I woke with a definite crackling in my lungs (after a night of coughing hard enough to keep Brianna awake). Sure enough, bacterial pneumonia. I was put onto antibiotics and an inhaler and was told to rest for several days. I was amazed at how very tired I was! With the combination of the shallow breathing and the mitral regurgitation (very mild), my oxygen levels were pretty low. Which explains why I'd get winded walking to the kitchen and back.

Today I took a very deep breath and only felt a twinge of pain and a small cough. I also dyed yarn yesterday, didn't take a nap, and walked to April's house without keeling over. (haha) So, even though I'm still not 100%, I am definitely recovering.

I have so many things I want to write about, but even though I'm still in the recovery mode, I don't really have the time to sit here for very long. I do hope you are all having a great day, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment