Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Four Little Letters

MossIt's interesting when you come across something that really clicks in your head. All of a sudden it opens up doors to a broader way of thinking, settles something inside your soul, and brings a sense of understanding to your world. That happened to me in 1998, when I started learning about various religions. I won't go into a lot of the detail on here, but it's enough to say that I feel like I found my Path.

Another outlook that opened (I think around seven or eight years ago) was learning about personality tests. No, not "which Harry Potter character are you" kind of tests, but the real things like Myers Briggs or Jung . Now, I have never taken the ones that require payment and I know that those are supposed to be more accurate. However, with each of the serious ones I've taken, I always seem to get the same answer regardless of which website it's on. Even the ones that I took several years ago.

I was clearing out some boxes in an attempt to get the house cleared of clutter and I came across some old notes. One had my 'score' on it with the letters INFJ and a couple percentages after that. Interestingly enough, this morning, one of my friends posted a link about the Top 10 Things Every INFJ Wants You to Know. Funny thing, timing. Especially when it involves someone in a completely different state. I looked over the article and caught myself nodding at many of the points. Then I decided to take the test again and see what had changed. Surprisingly, not a lot. My percentages are a little higher now (I=89% instead of 73%, N=38% instead of 37%, F=62% instead of 40%, and J=44% instead of 38%).

What does it all mean? Not much, in the grand scheme of things. But, it might help explain why I felt so drained after attending a conference a few weeks ago. It might also help explain why I really do prefer some things in my Life than others.

Of course, there are some who might say that all of this means nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment