Thursday, December 06, 2012

Winterized...

Some of the windows have their plastic in place (the others are newer and don't need it), the snow shovels and bucket of salt are in the entry, the back porch is cleared off for easier shoveling, and the furnace filter is cleaned. The house is about as winterized as it's going to be.

As for myself, my pens are refilled, my notebook is close to my desk, my textbooks are ready to be read, and my candles are blessed and ready for lighting. I plan to use these longer nights to think, to meditate, to dream, to plan, to rest before the light.

I had an interesting thing happen the other day... I heard a line in a song ("You've seen this all before, life left on the shore") and I had an image come to mind. Not one of me standing on a shore, but on a mountain with clouds coming up the edge of the earth on which I stood. Instead of wanting to dive into the water I knew I wanted to leap off and fly. I know that might sound strange to those who know that I really don't like being in a plane, but it was completely different. I wanted to take that last step and know that I was able to ride the winds, soar closer to the sun and moon, spin around, drop like a hailstone, then swoop back up in a steady and peaceful flight. All with my own wings knowing that I was filled with the infinite possibilities of the Universe.

There is something holding me back, and I plan to use my pondering and journaling to figure out what it is and the best way to get past it. And I will. Or, I will learn that it's just something that I can't figure out and I will get past it anyway. Regardless, I will fly.

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen Brave? There's a line in a song that touches me. "I will fly! Chase the wind and touch the sky!". I have a self portrait idea, I just have to figure out how to execute it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! And plan to buy it as soon as I can. There is something in me telling me that I don't need to remain Earth-bound, but that the Air is awaiting me, too. I just need to take that first step off the ground.

      I can't wait to see what you come up with! I love so many of your self-portraits (the walking away is still my favorite).

      Delete