Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Passing thoughts...

PathwayThere are times in my life when I feel as if I am filled with the knowledge that time is passing and there is nothing to stop it. During these times I worry a little that I've not spent my time wisely. I worry that I will only leave behind sadness. I understand that we are not to know these things, but I would like to have the knowledge that I have touched lives in a positive way. I know that all seems a little maudlin, but there it is.

This is an odd time of the year for me. A lot of loss and sorrows and heartbreak has occurred this time of the year. And it seems to bring me down each year, too. This year I am striving for something better. I won't get the fire that I'd hoped to have, but I have several candles and now have a lovely bit of wood to work into a special candle holder that will last me many years. The wood came from an ash tree that had already died, but I still had thoughts of gratitude for the use of it.

The Ash is said to be an excellent wood for promoting brain activity. Its magick aids in communication, intelligence, wisdom, and promotes curiosity. Used in ritual applications, it is said to remove mental blockages and aid in the promotion of word use and understanding and increase spiritual love and health.

See? Pretty cool. I'll be working on smoothing and preparing it later. It will take a while, though.

So... why am I doing this? Because this is a good year. No, I'm not conjuring that up or anything like that, but it is. There have been no great sorrows with the people most dear to me, no losses, no heartbreaks. And for that, I am most gratitude-filled.

2 comments:

  1. You have touched my life in a positive way, and for that I will always be thankful! You have brought beauty, peace, and friendship to so many people! You are truly an inspiration to me, and I'm so honored to have the chance to know you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope I continue being this way until the end of my days. {{{hugs}}}

      Delete