Sunday, September 16, 2012

Not just a day...

A beautiful dayI woke this morning feeling a little sore and stiff from yesterday's run but also feeling more alive than I did a decade ago. How interesting it is to me that, with all that has happened since I moved to Ohio, I don't feel worn down and at the end of my rope. Instead I feel fabulous.

This trip has been so good for my Spirit. I've been here in the mountains, breathing in the peace and beauty, learning a little more about the town itself, listening to the messages in the rain. And I've started to dream just a little bit once again. Dreams of where I can be what I can do, and hopes for my future. I didn't realize this, but I needed this time away from the place I live.

Yesterday I ran/walked in the Asheville 5k and really did a lot better than I thought I would. There were several hills and even though I walked most of them, it still felt awesome when they called my name right before I crossed the line. Afterward, there was a post-running party and that ended up being this wonderful evening filled with laughter, food and music.

I don't know what is on today's agenda, but I've already been writing up a storm. Perhaps in all this peace I will find some of the answers I need.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a fabulous day. I already know that the first day of being 41 will be great. And, I am looking forward to whatever wonders this year holds for me.

Also, the picture is from the last time I was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment