Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Passing summer

photoAs the summer progresses I think about the strangeness of time passing. There are days when it seems the time is drawn out, long and tedious. Other times it seems like it can't possibly be so fleeting.

I'm learning a lot lately. About crystals, about meditation, about Me. My journal has some random entries, but mostly it's the sheets of paper where I pour out the anger and fears onto that get my attention. Many of those sheets have been buried while some have been burned. Why do I do this? Because that Rage I once spoke of is still there, just below the surface, and I don't want it spilling out to hurt people I care about. The Earth can take the words and dissolve them into nothing, fire can turn them into ashes. And no one's heart gets broken.

I've also learned that extended, intense competition stresses me a little. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or something I need to overcome. We'll see. I know that I feel so energetic when a new event starts, but then, after a bit of time, I just want it to be finished. I prefer to do things at my own pace and with my own spark. Still, it has been fun.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, filled with beauty and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment