Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Storms...

Last night there was supposed to be an amazing storm. Even though I was worried about the safety of a loved one, I wanted crashing thunder and a torrential downpour. Instead it was a fairly steady rain that was more soothing than cathartic. I needed the powerful storm last night. Yes, I'll admit there were tears shed yesterday and I wanted to wash some of that hurt away. It's hard when the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. And a storm would have helped ground me a bit.

Ah well, I can't control the weather, can I?

This is the second morning I've woken this early and it's a little interesting. I didn't feel tired throughout the day yesterday (even though I had a crying headache) and I'm hoping today will be the same. I have a lot of errands to run and don't want to lose my "oomph" before I've finished them all. I'll be taking some knitting with me, of course. I am finally knitting with the yarn that Pacasha (of Younger Yarn) sent to me. These socks are going to be awesome.

I have a lot in mind for crafting, but I'll leave that for later in the day. In the meantime, my focus will be on making sure all my paperwork is in order for all the changes being made. Registering my business, new IDs, update banking information, and so much more. One item on my list is a passport, but that will be happening around my birthday. What will I use it for if I can't even bring myself to get on a plane? Well, that's one of the changes coming up. I don't know where I'll go, but I'm determined to go somewhere this year. On a plane. Hopefully not by myself, though.

It's almost time to have my blood tested again. At the end of this month it will have been 6 months. I'm not nearly as nervous as I first thought I'd be. In fact, I'm feeling pretty good about the prospect. After all, I've eliminated almost all sugars and starches from my foods, I've been working out mostly regularly (there have been some times when it falls by the wayside, but never longer than a few days), and I've been meditating more (relieves stress). Yes, there are still areas in my life that cause me a great deal of stress, but I'm managing them much better, I think.

Now it's time to get those socks started so I can start the morning routine. I hope you all have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment