Monday, March 05, 2012

Family time

Thistle in the Sunshine

This past weekend has been one filled with love and laughter and I know that I will cherish the memories of it for the rest of my days. From the outside this might have all been seen as "boring" or something along those lines, but anyone who knows me, knows that the time I spend with my children and with Kevin are more special than mere words can describe.

Thursday was mostly spent just hanging out with Anthony at the mall. It was nice having that time alone with him, learning the changes in him, learning to see him as an adult. That's not always an easy thing to do, of course, but I think I'm getting better.

Friday was a wonderful family dinner with all of us. When was the last time the four of us were together? I don't know... a long time ago. We laughed at some old memories (like being slapped with butter), shared some new smiles (Father Guido), and enjoyed a new game of Munchkin. Falling asleep that night felt so peaceful and I knew that part of that was having my loved ones all together.

Saturday started with a smile and just got better as the day progressed. When I woke enough to stay awake, the kids and I got some time together. How interesting it is to see the changes in each of them over the last year! As the time continues to pass, I know things will keep changing and growing and I hope to always have the strength to see those changes as positive. Later in the day Brianna went to a friend's house while the rest of us went to dinner. I think that was one of the first times I really stopped to think about how the future will be when both of my kids are adults. It made me smile, and wistful. I don't know what that future will hold, but I am a bit comforted knowing that I won't be traveling alone.

Through this time, thoughts have been swirling around my head of the future, of the past, of the present. Of tears, of joy, of love. Of triumphs, of fears, of life. And through it all my heart is filled with the knowledge that it is all good.


No comments:

Post a Comment