Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Entitled?

Tree Tangle

I see so many news stories about people who feel they are entitled to getting their way and I can't help but wonder what their parents think.

No, I'm not talking about the people who need help with buying groceries, I'm talking about the people who get so mad over things that really don't matter. They stomp their feet and shout that they will no longer shop at a store and demand to be heard. Is it really that big of a deal when a company hires someone to be their spokesperson, even though you don't agree with their way of life? What makes the people protesting the Susan G Komen Foundation any better than the ones protesting JC Penney? It sounds so much like the playground pettiness, "You're friends with her, I'm not your friend anymore." Yes, everyone has a right to be heard, and yes, everyone has a right to spend their money where they want, but that doesn't make you more right than me. (For the record, I rarely shop at department stores simply because I do not care about name brands and labels.)

One thing that I really think is sad is that these petty squabbles are getting so much airtime lately, filling up people's minds, while there are still children dying of cancer, spouses being beaten and killed, people losing their lives in the name of religion, families learning to live without loved ones. These are the real tragedies.


No comments:

Post a Comment