Monday, February 13, 2012

Don't believe it...

108: Happy Yule!
"There are people who go after your humanity, Sister. That tell you the light in your heart is a weakness. Don't believe it. It's an old tactic of cruel people to kill kindness in the name of virtue." Father Brendan Flynn in the movie Doubt

That line grabbed my heart so swiftly that I wanted to write it down right away. So, the movie was paused so I could do just that (thank you). I knew that I needed to write about how it affected me.

There have been times in my life when I felt that someone was attacking the light in my heart. Attacking my actions and twisting them into something ugly. I felt the things I was doing (and had been doing) were all of a sudden taken from their special place filled with Love, and tossed out into a barren field, left to burn in the harsh desert sun. Am I being dramatic? Perhaps, but that is a part of me, too. If someone chooses to tear me down because of that, then I will do my best to send them healing energy.

How can I tell the world that if we hold onto that Light, hold it sacred and safe, that we are even closer to Spirit? How do I tell them not to let others determine how special we are? Not just the people who would try cutting us down, but the media as well. If we rise above what we hear each day, if we can keep our own inner Light glowing with Love and Strength, if we can let go of the things and people who cause us harm, what wondrous vitality we could achieve!

Hold onto your heart, and to your Spirit. Hold onto what makes you sacred. If someone tries to cause you harm, remember that you hold the key to your own beauty and Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment