Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wintry

IMG_0191.JPG


"Deep in the wintry parts of our minds, we are hardy stock and know there is no such thing as a work-free transformation. We know that we will have to burn to the ground in one way or another, and then sit right in the ashes of who we once thought we were and go on from there."
-Clarissa Pinkola Est├ęs

The days are getting shorter and shorter now, of course. It's not an easy time of the year for many people for myriad reasons. I’m trying to look at the next couple weeks as a “shedding” time. For example, I’m shedding a dehydrated body by drinking more water. I’m shedding some of the cluttered spots in the house. I'm shedding some old ways of thinking that still hang on.

On December 20 the days will be at 9h10m and will hover there until the 25 when it will be 9h11m (found that info here, and yours will be different), and I will celebrate a “hesitation” of sorts and focus on how the darkness of Night affects me positively, such as time to dream, time to see the stars, time to connect. Once the days begin to lengthen, I will start focusing on how day positively affects me. And I will create new habits.

As for sharing the journey on my blog, and through my personal groups? I’m half afraid that if I do not, I may not reach my goals. Most of my life I have gone through things without a support network and it’s been so much of a struggle. Granted, that all did its part in helping me to grow, but growth comes with knowing my friends are there, too. Now I have many friends who are working along with me in all of this. I’m thinking this way, the burden might be lighter in a way.

As the days shorten, I truly hope you are able to find the time to reflect on the deep parts of your Spirit. The parts that are Self.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment