Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Truths

Water Spout!

I had an appointment this morning with a doctor to discuss my lab results. I've been more than a little stressed about this. I've been worried enough that my sleep has been disrupted nearly every night for the last couple of weeks. Even on the days when I felt really good, I also felt that nagging fear that the news would be bad. I've cried about the fear, I've had a hard time enjoying good things around me. And, through this all, I've done my best not to burden my loved ones with the worry, too.

Luckily, the results are nowhere near what I was afraid of. Yes, my sugar count is slightly elevated, but nothing that can't be taken care of here at home. And I will be doing my best to get it completely under control.

The other symptoms? The doctor says that they are most likely stress related. I've been thinking about that most of the morning. It's so easy for me to say that I will just stop stressing about stuff. And yet, I know better. The things I do worry about are real. Some are things that I can change if I work a little harder and a little longer. Other things? Well, they aren't in my control. So... I have to learn to let them go. I don't know how, exactly, since some aspects are an integral part of my life. One way or another, I'll get it figured out. And soon.

Today's weather is not the most pleasant and we might get a little snow by morning. Not enough to stick or anything, just enough to make things more slippery on the roads. Even that won't be a problem, though. The day will go swiftly and smoothly and I'll be ending the day listening to Brianna singing at her concert.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, know that I handle other's stress better than my own. Let hear your worries, that is what friendship is about.

    I am very pleased and relieved that nothing too serious is happening with your health. Let us support one another for the life changes we both need. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete