Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 8 of 15 - Thankfulness

Hey! We're just over halfway done. This really has been a great way for me to stay focused about what I'm thankful for.

Today's prompt is "3 things in your home that you are thankful for."

I think it goes without saying that I'm thankful for my daughter, and my cats, so I'm going to focus more on material. Sometimes I think I try too hard to push that kind of thankfulness aside since it seems so... shallow?

My computer/internet: This allows me to connect to so many people, look up information, play music & movies, stay in touch with Anthony better, run my business, find patterns, buy gifts for people, pay my bills, and so much more.


Yarn stash: Okay, okay, I know what some of you are thinking (she's got too much yarn), but I really am thankful for all my yarn (separate from the shop stuff). I have some really beautiful colors and textures and I know that when I'm starting a project, I don't have far to go to find the "just right" yarn. Only rarely do I need to actually make a purchase and that is usually because I'm making a specific gift for soemone.


My plants: A lot of these are unusual plants (orange tree, coffee bush, banana tree) and several of them were gifts. I can tell you who the plants came from, even after several years. I love the way they look scattered through the house and they help me to stay grounded and at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment