Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 4 of 15 - Thankfulness

Tiger Lilies


Today's Prompt is "3 things about your childhood that you are thankful for."

It's interesting that I'm actually writing about my childhood this month so this subject has already been on my mind a lot.

Time in Tennessee: I was about eight years old when we moved to Tennessee and I can remember so many different and wonderful memories. I am thankful for the time we spent in the white house in Luray. Those days were filled with so much wonder and magic that it felt like an enchanted time. We had chickens and goats, a vegetable garden, and a neighbor we could barter with for apples, sausage, and more. My mom was happy there and her dreams seemed to flow like water and the times really were happy. 


My Mom's guitar: There are so many songs that she sang to us while playing her guitar, that hardly a week goes by when I don't hear a song that reminds me of her. She played for us regularly when I was little and the memories are still strong.


Books: My life was filled with books. I can remember looking through The Trumpeter Swan when I was only three (I know this because my brother was not walking yet) and marveling over the writing. I knew that they were the ones my Mom would read to me and I wanted to much to read for myself. When I finally did learn (before the age of five), entire worlds opened up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment