Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 3 of 15 - Thankfulness




Today's prompt is "3 relatives or people from your past that you are thankful for."

 Pastor Tim Sheldon: When my mom chose to home-school me, I lost touch with a lot of my friends (it was still a really weird thing to do back then) and my parents decided that I could make new friends by going to church. I was able to visit a lot of different ones before choosing the Peoria Presbyterian. Pastor Tim was one of the most patient and understand people I'd ever met. When I questioned the gender of God, he answered my questions in a way that made sense to me. When I questioned passages in the Bible, he helped me to understand them. he showed me that it was okay to question the writings of men, and that I was a wonderful person, even if others might not see it.






Carolyn Crosier: My mother was such a confusing person to me. I can remember so much wonder in my early years and so much frustration in the late teens. But she taught me a very strong sense of self-reliance. It is because of her that I can manage my money well, can mend my own clothes, have the determination to fix something even when I don't have the right parts, appreciate Nature, and so much more. I could probably post a whole book about her. 


David B. McClure: I've written of him before, and I will today as well. This man, slow in body due to a severe stroke, but quick of mind, always treated me with respect and kindness. Not once did he make me feel as though I were an outsider to his family. He talked with me as an equal and loved my children for the beautiful people they are. His intelligence shined in his eyes and he loved to laugh. While I didn't have him in my life for many years, the time I did have will always be in my treasured memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment