Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 15 of 15 - Thankfulness

Purrrrrrrple Flowerrrrrrrr


What a beautiful day! The air is brisk, the house is warm, cats are purring, and dinner will be awesome.

Today's prompt is "3 things about your life right now that you are thankful for."

My family: My children are the most spectacular blessings a person can imagine. They are healthy and loving and smart and beautiful and, well, completely full of awesome. When each one was born, I knew that I was the luckiest Mom in the Universe. They have helped to keep me focused on what is truly important in life. They have brought such joy to my Spirit that I'm sure they were chosen just for me. Through the years we've shared the strongest bond imaginable. I look forward to continuing my part in their journeys, stepping back when they need to stand on their own, hugging them when they need a little more strength, loving them through it all. 
   Some members of my family have only recently come into my life and I am so glad they found me! My Dad has come to mean the world to me and I am so thankful he's in my life now.  He's been patient while I get to know him as a man. He's welcomed almost every aspect of Me without reservation, and has shown me that paternal love really is as strong as maternal.
   Some of my family is by choice and they are so very special to me. We've shared laughter and pain, we've comforted each other and cheered each other on, we've connected on a level that I never thought possible, and that is also full of awesome. I cannot imagine not having them in my life.

My Self: I am thankful for knowing my own Self as well as I do. And I am so happy to be able to discover more and more beauty in that. The strength, courage, compassion, and love are amazing. The shadows only serve to show how much growth I still have the potential for and I am thankful for those as well. I love my creativity and my sensuality, and my humor, and my intelligence (even when I forget how to spell something). I am so thankful for this gift of Life and the ability to appreciate it.
   As I continue this process of growing and learning more about how I fit into this world, I feel empowered by the Spirit and by the vitality I feel.

Kevin: At no point in my life have I ever known someone like him. His intellect and love of knowledge shines through so brightly that you can't help but to be drawn to it. His passion for life is ever-growing. He has pissed me off more than any other person, and has inspired me more than any other person. As cliche as it sounds, I've experienced my highest highs and my lowest lows with him. He pushes me to be more true to myself than I thought possible. He also brings out the worst in me. In all my life, he's been the only person to touch my life as completely as this. My heart, my soul, my very essence has been intensified.

This has been a wonderful exercise in focusing on what I am really thankful for and I am so glad I participated. May you all feel the wonder of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment