Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 13 of 15 - Thankfulness

Utata Speaks '08 - The Elements

Today's prompt is "3 things about your belief system/faith/spiritual path that you are thankful for."

This is an interesting question and one that really made me think. 

Connection: I feel a greater connection to the sacred Spirit than I did while following other religions. I learned to listen more and observe the way I fit into the world a little. I truly feel as if I'm connected to everything around me. Sometimes that is actually hurtful (when I see intolerance) but most of the time, it just helps me realize how special life is. For almost 14 years, I have felt that connection growing and I have relied heavily on it when things weren't going well for me. I've also reveled in the feeling of that connection during times of great joy.

Flexibility: I love the fact that I can follow a strict set of guidelines for a ritual, or I can totally wing it, depending on how I'm moved at the time. This allows me to enjoy the practice even more. I know that I can take my time when I feel the need for more structure. I can also feel sure in knowing that even a few moments of my time can bring me closer to my center and help connect my Spirit.

Natural: In so many ways, I feel that my chosen path has brought me even closer to nature and living a natural life. I've learned even more about natural healing, have been able to identify more plants, and have been more prone to put my knowledge into action.

-

I know this one is short, but I have several things that need to be accomplished today, and I really need to focus on them. I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment