Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 11 of 15 - Thankfulness

Cold Morning Sunrise


Today's prompt is "3 friends who have inspired you that you are thankful for."

As I write this, I think of all the friends I'm truly thankful for and who have helped me through a lot of hard times, and cheered me on when I needed it. How do I choose only 3?


April: Through the time we've known each other, she has inspired me to be healthier, more aware of my Self, and has shown me how fast a friendship can blossom in such a short amount of time. She opened her home up to me and my loved ones with no hesitation and that means the world to me. She has talked me through a couple of times when I began to lose hope in my own heart. She also has been a steady beacon when I'm afraid of tomorrow.

Anna: Even though our friendship ended on a sour note, through the years she was always there for me. I had some really rough times and she helped me through them on so many levels. When I needed a shoulder to cry on, a heart to hear my fears, or a light to help me smile, she was there.

Kevin: He helped me learn what it means to forgive. Not just for the small things, but the really deep ones as well. He helped me to say "yes" to my kids, to laugh more, to dream bigger, to love more fiercely, and to have more faith in my own Self. It is partly because of him that I accept help from others, look for the good in people, and hold a glimmer of hope that tomorrow will be better than yesterday. And love? He has shown me how to accept that on levels I didn't even know existed. These few words can not convey my thankfulness in all of that.


There are so many others who have touched my heart and have helped me through dark times while sharing the Light. I cannot possibly list them all, but I hope they know that they are in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment