Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer's decline






By Friday, the length of day will be an hour less than the first of the month. Strange to think of that already. It hit me strongly last night while I was on the phone with my Dad. We were discussing something about the Jeep and I noted how dark it was outside at only 8:45. And, like so many other things lately, it made me stop and think about the passage of time.

Brianna starts high school next week. That seems so strange, and so right, to me. She has a new era of her life to go through and she's just about to begin it. She surprised me with some of the electives that she wants to take. Such as chorus (they call it "choir" up here, but it will always be "chorus" to me.) She has grown to a point where she is willing to sing in front of other people. Granted, it's in a group and her individual voice won't be heard, but at least she's reached that point. Next semester she will be taking welding. I have to admit that I'm a little worried about that one, but I know the teacher will go over all the safety rules that Brianna will need.

And me? I will be returning to my favored schedule of dyeing yarn during the day (instead of into the evening) and listening to a variety of books. I have several things I'm thinking about and this will be a great time to do them.

I hope you are all having a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. Going home from work last night at 8:10 pm I felt it wise to turn my headlights on for the first time this season.
    Brianna is growing into quite a lovely lady.
    Thank you for sharing sure intimate thoughts. Know you are loved by many.

    ReplyDelete