Saturday, July 23, 2011

Storms


Storms moved through town yesterday and I couldn't help but to feel awe at the power and beauty in them. The bright flashes of lightning followed immediately by the clap of thunder, all harmonized with the steady downpour of rain to create a wonderful symphony of energy. (If you click on the picture, you'll get to see a much bigger version.)

Before the storm actually hit I was lucky enough to get some cool pictures of the clouds and you can see the formations, which, I must say, is pretty darn cool.

But I also felt a need to look inward as the energy swirled around me. Changes are occurring in my physical and spiritual world and I'm not quite ready for them, yet. So, I'm taking these changes one moment at a time, trying to adjust, trying to stay calm. I know that some of these changes are meant to be and some of them are unstoppable, so I must learn to be stronger through them and hold on for the ride. I know many of the physical changes can be helped with changes to what I eat and to how much I move so I can alleviate some of that. The spiritual changes? Lots of journaling and meditation are in store for me. Above all, staying in touch with my friends who understand these changes and can remind me of how brightly I can shine is one of the most important ways for me to make it through this next step on my journey.

On this stormy, energetically powerful day, I hope you are all feeling positive about your tomorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment