Saturday, July 09, 2011

A quiet morning






Some mornings are just better for writing than others. This morning was such a morning. The house was quiet, there was a soft breeze coming through the window, and I had so many thoughts rushing through my head that I could hardly lay there a moment longer.

I have been looking back on the way things have turned out in my life. Areas that still need a lot of work, areas that have blossomed beautifully, areas that need to be released, and areas that were finally laid to rest. Through this thought process I came to realize that there are things in my life that still fall into all those categories, or are getting ready to be re-categorized.  I can't help but think of how funny it can be when too much significance is placed on one thing or another and how imbalanced everything becomes because of it. We all do this. We all start to focus on one thing or another and then look back and wonder why parts of our lives fell apart. Or we look back and see how enhanced out lives were by certain events.

Does all this sound a little mysterious? I don't mean it to. I just know that I have done a lot of growing and I'm grateful for the chance to continue growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment