Sunday, April 24, 2011

A renewed life...

Sometimes, there are areas in our lives that become too cumbersome to continue keeping around. My old blog was one of those areas. I purchased shaylamyst.com several years ago and have been holding onto the thought that I need to stay loyal to the hosting site I originally started it with. Over the years, it has become increasingly challenging to justify the continued payment for that hosting. I've been trying to keep in mind that I own that name. It is mine. But what doesn't make sense lately is the need to continue paying someone for it. The name is mine and has been for a long time now. I no longer feel a need to prove that to the world.

I guess that's a little like most areas of my life. I see people putting down a religion simply because it isn't their own. Some of you might be thinking that they know what I'm talking about, but I have to tell you that it's the religion based on acceptance and being open-minded that I see this happening most often. Yes, I'm seeing more and more Pagans putting down Christianity. Is that really necessary? For myself, I don't believe so. True, I'm not part of a mainstream religious belief, but I don't feel persecuted for that. At one point in my life I did, but I'm beginning to think it was simply because those were my expectations. I was positive the world in general was out to get me because I was a Witch. Perhaps that was the energy I brought to myself in those days. Now? I hardly get a raised eyebrow.

So, here's to a new start on a Christian holiday that represents new beginnings. After all, this is a day to celebrate a renewed life, right? It's not all about the chocolate bunnies and the egg hunts, it's about the feeling of a life that felt as though it had ended, only to discover that it can be changed, you can come back from death.

Yes, this is all metaphorical, and when you think about it, I'm probably not making that much sense to the world. That's fine. I know that when I have felt "dead" to things that normally brought my joy, there was a moment when the Life was refreshed, things were beautiful again. This is the message I choose to listen to on this day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm watching the earth renew itself outside my window, and I am warmed by the light of your friendship. New blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your descriptive words! ♥

    ReplyDelete